London: Is Kevin Pietersen's limited over career over? England's batting superstar Kevin Pietersen's helping cause to South Africa on text messages has come heavy over him. The batsman has been axed from the national side in all limited over formats of the game.
The 32-year-old controversial batsman Pietersen was dropped for the third and final test against South Africa in the last week at Lord's after confessions over sending of "provocative" text messages to the South African players against England’s skipper Andrew Strauss.
However, England lost the number 1 Test ranking spot losing the series against South Africa 2-0.
On the other hand, England's national selector Geoff Miller said that Pietersen's international future 'was still under scanner'. So, it was always unlikely that England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) were going to select him for the upcoming limited overs' events.
"KP's future involvement in the teams is still being discussed and he was therefore not considered for selection in either of the
squads," Miller said after the squads were announced.
The ODI series kicks-off in Cardiff on Friday and continues with matches at Southampton, the Oval, Lord's and Trent Bridge but Pietersen won't be a part of any of them.
"All players in the 14-man ODI squad played in the recent series victory over the Australians. We will be looking for this side to build on the recent success we have had and to show further signs of improvement against a strong South Africa side,” said the England's national selector.
Just one other change that the England team would be seeing in the series would be in the form of Stuart Broad. Broad has been rested against the South Africans ahead of T20 World Cup coming up in August in Sri Lanka.