Beijing: Terming the vanishing of Malaysian jet as an ‘unprecedented mystery’, the Malaysian aviation authorities have intensified the air and sea search for the flight MH 370 which went missing couple of hours post taking off from Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.
On the day 3, dozens of ships and jetliners from 10 countries have joined the search operations around Malaysia and South of Vietnam. The search personnels are tracing every nook and corner without ignoring the tiniest suspect which could disclose a clue of the Boeing 777-200ER.
The Malaysian aviation is also not ruling out the hijack possibilities, especially post two of the passengers were found travelling on fake passports.
Here is the Malaysian Airlines contact information
Malaysia: +603 7884 1234
Beijing: +8610 6437 6249
Meanwhile, one of the two suspects, who boarded the missing flight on stolen passports, was identified on Monday. The man was identified using CCTV footage provided by the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), the Malaysian Star reported citing Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar.
"I can confirm that he is not a Malaysian but cannot divulge which country he is from yet," Abu Bakar said at the Kajang police headquarters Sunday.
Over failing to find any clue of flight a source involved in preliminary investigations in Malaysia reportedly said that the plane may have broken up mid-flight, which could disperse wreckage over a very wide area.
"The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," said the source.
MH 370, operating a Boeing B777-200 aircraft, departed from Kuala Lumpur at 12.21am (1621 GMT on Friday) and had been expected to land in the Chinese capital at 6.30am (2230 GMT) on the same day.
The flight was carrying passengers from 12 different countries, including 160 Chinese nationals, 12 Indian, 7 Australian and four American.