Mumbai: On Saturday, BMW India unveiled its new generation 3 series which is a popular model form the German car maker for the Indian buyers. The new 3 Series line up involves a range of 5 cars in diesel and petrol under two categories – Sport Line and Luxury Line, in a price bracket of Rs 28.9 Lacs to Rs 37.9 Lacs.
The Automobile major in its fight to survive as the topper against Mercedes Benz and the company to which BMW recently lost grounds but surfaced again – Audi, for the sake of which they have pushed in their new card into the market. The Sport Line connotes the sporty interior and styling, while the Luxury Line connotes the luxury features.
Speaking about technicalities, BMW 328i model boasts of a 2.0 litre, 4 cylinder inline petrol engine which has the potential to churn out maximum power of 245 bhp with a peak torque of 350 Nm, whereas the diesel powertrain is assimilated within the 320d model which has the power of 184 horses. All engines are mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. ECO Pro mode provides a very fuel-efficient driving mode in this range.
328i, which is the most powerful among the lineup, has a lightweight engine, which improves the performance of the entire driving chassis, enabling the car to smoothly glide from 0 to 100 kmph in just 6.4 seconds. Compared to the outgoing model, the new 3 Series is 93mm longer, has 15mm extra legroom at the rear, and 50mm longer in wheelbase. The volume of the luggage compartment has increased by 20 liters to 480 liters. iDrive technology is standard across variants while HUD with full color display is available on the 328i Sport Line.
The car also has BMW Navigation system - professional with 22.3 cm colour display, DVD drive and integrated 12GB hard drive for maps and audio files, on-board computer, BMW Radio Professional Music interface for smartphone attachment.
Luxury Line includes: Exclusive design features in chrome at the front and rear, BMW kidney grille with 11 slats in chrome, side window frames and tailpipe trim in chrome, entry sills ‘BMW Luxury’, Dakota leather upholstery with exclusive stitching. Fine-wood trim burled walnut with inlays with accent trim in pearl gloss chrome, exclusive chrome trim in the area of the centre console, on the automatic air conditioning and in-car radio controls, as well as car key with trim in pearl-gloss chrome.
Sport Line includes: Exclusive design features in high-gloss black at the front and rear, BMW kidney grille with 8 slats in high-gloss black, entry sills ‘BMW Sport’, tailpipe trim in black chrome, sport leather steering wheel with contrasting red stitching, sport seats for driver and front passenger in Dakota leather with red or black accents, high-gloss black interior trim with accent trim in matt coral red, speedometer and rev counter with red chrono scales, chrome trim on the automatic air conditioning and in-car radio controls, car key with red trim.
• Driver and front passenger airbags
• Curtain head airbags front and rear, with splinter protection
• Side airbags for driver and front passenger, integrated in seat backrests
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• with Brake Drying and Fading Compensation
• Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
• Electronic immobiliser and crash sensor
• Integrated side impact protection in the doors
• Runflat indicator
• Runflat Tyres
• Safety bodyshell
• Seatbelts: Ergonomic belt system at the rear, with three-point seatbelts for all seats & Inertia-reel seatbelts at the front, with belt latch tensioner and belt
• Force limiter
• Warning triangle with first aid kit
Models & Ex-showroom prices in India
• BMW 320d – 2-liter – 184hp/380Nm – Rs 28.9 Lacs
• BMW 320d Sport Line – Rs 31.5 Lacs
• BMW 320d Luxury Line – Rs 31.5 Lacs
• BMW 320d Luxury Plus – Rs 36.9 Lacs
• BMW 328i Sport Line – 2-liter – 245hp/350Nm – Rs 37.9 Lacs