New Delhi: Indian Railways will incorporate many changes in its rules and regulations which will benefit the passengers. The changes will be effective from July 1. The main highlights of these changes include refund on Tatkal tickets, confirmed tickets for passengers among others.
Given below are few changes which will be incorporated from July 1:
- The passengers will get 50 percent refund amount on cancellation of tatkal tickets
- Timming for booking the tickets under tatkal have also been changed. From July 1, tatkal window for AC coach will be open between 10 am and 11 am while for sleeper coach it will be open from 11 am to 12 pm
- Waiting List for Suvidha Trains will come to an end from July 1. The tickets will be issued only to the confirmed and RAC passengers. The provision for the waiting list will no longer be applicable. Passengers can get half refund on booking of Suvidha Trains
- The number of coaches on Rajdhani and Shatabdi will be increased. Also, they will have paperless tickets from July 1, with mobile tickets be valid on these trains
- Beginning July 1, the tickets can be booked in various languages
- Premium trains will come to an end from July 1
- 50 percent refund of fare on cancellation charge of rupees one hundred for air-conditioned-II tier/first class, rupees ninety for air-conditioned III-tier/3 economy/air-conditioned chair car and rupees sixty for sleeper class will be granted.