New Delhi: In a fresh ruling, the apex court, on Wednesday, has ordered the continuation of President’s rule in the crisis hit Uttarakhand. Keeping seven questions in front of the centre, the Supreme Court also cancelled the floor test in the state assembly which was scheduled for Friday.
The Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra asked counsels representing the centre these questions:
Read:- Supreme Court asks states to create awareness among school children about dangers from Blue Whale Challenge
– Can delay in floor test be a ground for proclamation of President’s Rule?
– Whether disqualification of members of Assembly is relevant/irrelevant for the purpose of Article 356?
– What is the stage of Appropriation Bill and what is the stand of the President on it?
– Whether the Governor sent a message under Article 175(2) to hold the floor test?
– Can TV sting be considered a relevant material for imposition of President’s Rule?
Earlier on April 22, SC stayed Uttarakhand High Court’s verdict of quashing the President’s rule. BJP after which moved Supreme Court against the HC’s ruling and getting relief from the top court.