Rahul Gandhi sharpen series of attacks on Modi over demonetization

Photo of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi

Jaunpur (Uttar Pradesh): Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today in a series of attacks on Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked several questions from him during his ‘Akrosh’ rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur district.

While addressing huge gathering Rahu Gandhi further sharpened his attacks on Prime Minister and stated that his demonetisation move that has been considered to be surgical attack on black money not benefiting common man rather is aimed to provide benefit to the richer section of the society.

Rahul Gandhi added that 94 per cent black money is stored in foreign banks, real estate and investment in land deals and gold, but why PM is running only after the rest 6 per cent.

Read:- Congress slam CPI-M for "playing spoilsport"

The Congress Vice President questioned Modi that who is responsible for the deaths of people while standing in long queues outside the banks and ATMs throughout the country.

He further mentioned that it is not possible for Vijay Malaya and Lalit Modi to move and settled out of the country without the support of Narendra Modi.

Gandhi not only targeted Narendra Modi but blamed him for the poor condition of farmers due to currency demonetization.

He said that farmers of our country do not buy seeds, fertilisers and other equipment related to farming from Debit cards, Credits cards and Paytms.

Read:- Cong takes on Govt after Pakistani shelling

Before ending his speech he angrily said that our Prime Minister has burned hard core money of our farmers by putting ban on old currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000.

Although, he emphasized that Congress party is not against the demonetization move but they are opposing the way it was imposed.

On other hand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his rally at Kanpur today slammed his opposition party Congress by saying that they are doing politics of blame game without having facts.

Read:- Netanyahu in Ahmedabad for a day, PM Modi ready for roadshow