Caracas: As per the information given by the official, minimum of two persons lost their life while as many as 400 were taken into custody in the anti-government demonstrations in Venezuela.
While some 57 persons have been injured on Wednesday said the Mayor of Caracas’ Ramon Muchaco, Efe news reported from social media updates.
The demonstrators were attempting to approach the office of the Ombudsman to ask for the official’s support in the process that was launched by the opposition-controlled Parliament against the Supreme Court magistrates who took over some legislative duties.
The two persons killed during the protests were a 17-year-old boy in Caracas and a 23-year-old woman in Tachira state, the local media and the public prosecutor’s office said.
The Director of the Venezuelan Criminal Forum, Alfredo Romero, told EFE that the lawyers who were advising the arrested were constantly updating and verifying the figures in the capital as well as in the 23 states of Venezuela, as “too many cases had been registered in only one day.”
Muchaco said that the hospitals in his jurisdiction were taking care of 57 people “from the demonstration,” who tried unsuccessfully to reach the Ombudsman’s Office in the centre of the Venezuelan capital here.